Dan Andrews And James Schramko Discuss Successful Podcasting, Super Productivity and Market Leadership Trends
James Schramko and Dan Andrews discuss the ins-and outs of successful Podcasting + the difference between affiliate promotions versus true market leadership in the coming years. Dan has a popular podcast called LifeStyleBusinessPodcast.com with his co-host Ian Schoen which has had over one million downloads.
James Schramko and Dan Andrews
Highlights in this episode:
- Lessons learned from Dan and Ian who have had over a million downloads since 2009
- Setting up a a weekly schedule for podcasting
- How the Comedy intro gets created
- How do you come up with the content
- The power of having a super clear structure
- Forcing yourself through a really tight funnel
- Dans special 8 part show structure
- Why 7 days is easily long enough to create a quality show
- We take a look bend the scenes
- Frameworks are essential for creating productivity
- My favorite app for creating frameworks
- Dans ‘Sam Carpenter + James Schramko’ Cocktail
- The 6 Point Checklist for audio quality
- Can you use someone else’s music in your show?
- The amateur / pro distinction in podcasting and content creation
- See the Chocolate Waffle
- The Ferrari episode behind the scenes stats
- Focus on growing your business
- Tradtional entertainment outlets suck
- Dan the traffic poacher
- Use customer driven requests to rule the business
- Very low friction for getting into tasks
- Habit to make things simple
- Rapid posting technique
- My SnapWorker concept
- Do it right the first time get things done
- Doing it right now can increase your capacity
- Keeping a clear schedule
- Getting an incredible amounnt of things done.
- Email management is a mindset shift
- When you create – hold your feet to the fire and take
- Dan on writing a book
- Affiliate versus authority market leadership
- Why you only need to please 100 true fans
- The problem with the affiliate distribution
- Long term sustainability
- Dan Norris
- The high priced info product circle of marketing that sucks
- Bonus affiliate marketing
- James on making the decision to stop promoting guru products
- TrafficGrab was the start of fair value products
- Adsense Flippers
- Tim Conley
- Brendan Tully
- 25% – 15% to 5% affiliate marketing squeeze with my own marketing system
- LPB Episode 1
- The difference between selling opportunities versus results
- Why biz pop people are always launching
- The anatomy of the Internet Marketing Gold Rush
- Stop buying Crap
- Just deliver a good product that solves the problem rather than bonus stacking
- Don’t target the down and out $2000 products
- How my new business model is helping people build their own business
- I am betting my success on the success of my customers
- Duh – when you empower an entreprenuer you can be rocketing your business
- Keep customers for two or three years
- Framework for show notes
- Why intro music is overrated
- Dans rip sheet for the LBP
- Focus on the result
- Narrative section in the podcast
- What is going on with Fast Web Formula
- Who better to equip than your best fans
- People have timing signals in their life
- Public deadlines help you publish
- Shout out to listeners
- Adam Carolla
Quality audio checklist – Use “Better Touch Tool” to Split Screen Audacity and Rip Sheet
1.Flip on test audio. Are your levels between .5 and .7?
2.If you don’t talk, is the audio level completely flat?
3.Test your audio.
4.Listen back. Are you sure the input is from your best quality mic?
5.Does your mic have pop guard or situated away from your mouth?
6.Confirm your computer is not plugged in and away from ungrounded outlets.
SHOW NOTES TEMPLATE
This week’s drops:
______ (overtop the business in intro) at the beginning.
______ “yeah buddy!” (at the very beginning).
LBP # _ _ – TITLE
Intro : Yeah buddy / Thursday / LBP / We believe building a business is the best way to get more personal
freedom and opportunity / Captain / Co-host / A man who…
If you stick around to the end of the episode…
News / iTunes / Shouts / Questions:
Meat and Potatoes -
Just the tips…
- – - – - – -
Did you love this episode? Please head over to iTunes and give it a 5 Star rating!
Thank you, comments are welcome